Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted a Tesla. I've also always wanted a 1968 Charger. When I found out that they have the same wheelbase and the same approximate width, I started really thinking about whether it might be possible to Frankenstein them together, Tesla motor, batteries, interior, Charger shell, glass, looks, etc.

I know the Tesla has a unibody construction with a full frame and everything, but enough cutting, welding, shaping, etc. can make anything possible. Can anyone weigh in on the feasibility of this project and just how crazy of an idea it is?

·
Super Moderator
37,734 Posts
It has been done using modern and old RWD Mopars like a new Charger powertrain and floor pan and an old Charger body dropped over it. Several are detailed in magazines and on the web.

How much time, money, and fabrication skills do you have?

·
Super Moderator
37,734 Posts
Here's one I watched being built online. Google Dodge Mirada SRT, a combination of a 2007 Charger SRT and a 1983 Dodge Mirada. Same concept.

Reactions: mrpoptart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen some of the "stuff a new motor into an old charger" kind of builds as well as the occasional "put a shell on a dodge magnum" kind of thing. this one, for example: This Hellcat-Swapped 1969 Dodge Charger Is a Muscle Car Fan's Dream (at http://www.thedrive.com/tuned-af/13164/this-hellcat-swapped-1969-dodge-charger-is-a-muscle-car-fans-dream )

How much time, money, and fabrication skills do you have?
Yeah, that's always the kicker, isn't it? I've got access to a bunch of donor Teslas, and a bunch of funds to make this happen, but getting a 1968 charger shell in any kind of shape is hard.
I know the sell fiberglass kits for some full bodies, has anyone actually tried to use one of those?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts