Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, something is goofy with my plymouth’s electrical. The only thing the car does is honk. Key doesnt do anything whatsoever, no lights no crank no radio no nothin. I found a burnt light green wire hooked up to the fuse box and the fuse it was connected to was toast. So i replaced the fuse and attempted to temporarily morph two wires together and try again which did nothing. I found a wiring diagram for the car AND THERE ISNT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE ANY GREEN WIRES HOOKED UP TO THE FUSE BOX!!! Please help.

·
Registered
778 Posts
check the bulkhead connector.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,020 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Someone may have run a wiper switch, or more likely a heater blower switch directly to the fuse?
Do either of these accessories work? I have seen heat damaged wiring for heater motors. Check the circuits for damage.
I agree that bulkhead connectors were a weak spot. The heavy Red and Black wires to the ammeter carry the main electrical load for the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
20,211 Posts
Check the ignition switch, too. They tend to have problems at times, after the bulkhead connectors.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Your car has a fusible link before it goes to the bulkhead. (STARTS AS A RED WIRE). My guess is that it is blown. Your horn takes power from a violet wire at the starter relay. Both the RED and VIOLET wires start at the Starter relay! That would explain why you have a horn only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts