Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still seeking good, used rear bumper for the Signet. Guy contacts me and says he has (same year) DART bumpers. I ask for photo and he sends 'grainy' one, from bit of a distance and bad angle. The bumper does NOT look like my Valiant. It also has a pair of very large chrome/rubber bumperettes. I am aware of the differences in the taillites between the two car models and seem to think that the DART bumper is shaped a bit differently underneath (taillite area). Am I right? Someone must know the facts - what years and models I should be looking for - without the integrated back-up lights? I can search all day but time is very limited and better allocated. I would appreciate any (even profound) info. Thank-you to all.

·
Super Moderator
37,852 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Valiant is different than the Dart, probably the same from 1967 through 1971 (excluding Scamp).
AMD lists the same bumper for 67-71 Valiant, 70-71 Demon/Duster,
http://www.amazon.com/70-71-Duster-Valiant-Bumper-990-1370/dp/B00E8GQ1DW
Thanks. Just as I suspected, however, Demon likely different since it is a Dart. I figured that the taillights made the difference and the angles of each (rear) bumper were designed to comply. I wanted to see they guy's photos but he delayed in sending them so I posted this topic. I will keep looking for suitable (Valiant) bumper - - sans brackets - and not too far away from me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts