Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1969 W100 Dodge and it has features I haven’t seen other 1969 W100’s. The gauge cluster is totally different than all others I have seen. Has factory a/c, bucket seats with center console and the 383 engine.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Can't say as that looks like any stock gauge set I have ever seen, but it is nice. Top loader trans, too, not the A833. Buckets look to be out of something else, too, but overall I like it, even if I am not an expert on truck interiors of the era.

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
Could the seats be from a Warlock?
They weren’t exclusive to the Warlock, but were optional in them, the lil Red Express, and regular trucks. That is what they look like.

Reactions: GEEZUS Chrysler

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
However the upholstery is wrong at least from what I’ve seen. Maybe someone recovered the seating section.

Reactions: GEEZUS Chrysler

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the input... I’m excited to get the old girl back on the road. If the odometer is true it only has 48,300 miles on it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That instrument cluster might actually be factory. There was a 'heavy duty' cluster available as an option on the D/W pickups, basically it was the same cluster used on the D600-800 trucks. Flat panel with round gauges and a Sun tachometer. Looks like the volt meter on the left was added to it, probably because the ammeter failed (common problem). It if is factory it's a very rare option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That instrument cluster might actually be factory. There was a 'heavy duty' cluster available as an option on the D/W pickups, basically it was the same cluster used on the D600-800 trucks. Flat panel with round gauges and a Sun tachometer. Looks like the volt meter on the left was added to it, probably because the ammeter failed (common problem). It if is factory it's a very rare option.
That would be pretty cool...seems to be a few oddities with this pickup compared to most others of the same year.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
CNT900 is correct. In 1971 my father ordered a new D-200 pickup. He thought he was going to get the same type of gauges as his 61 had. It didn't. He found out afterwards that if he had ordered the optional tach then he would've gotten the gauges like you have there. If that truck is an original 4wd truck with a 383 it is rare I would think. The tach isn't the original one though. That looks like a Stewart Warner unit. Our 71 C-700 had a tach and it looked just like the speedometer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts