Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a vehicle up on blocks in my neighborhood and I'd like to approach on buying it but I'm not sure exactly what it is.......The vehicle grill is a 1971 and it is a convertible. The vehicle does have the double bubble hood which I have read was a 1970 Item not a 1971. The vehicle has drums on the front. If it is actually a GT, how many of the 1971 GT's were convertibles? Could it be possible a GT had drums?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is a vehicle up on blocks in my neighborhood and I'd like to approach on buying it but I'm not sure exactly what it is.......The vehicle grill is a 1971 and it is a convertible. The vehicle does have the double bubble hood which I have read was a 1970 Item not a 1971. The vehicle has drums on the front. If it is actually a GT, how many of the 1971 GT's were convertibles? Could it be possible a GT had drums?
I'd like to confirm this is a Fury.

·
Super Moderator
37,703 Posts
You need to get the VIN. Disc brakes were optional on a 70 Fury GT, standard on a GT in 71.

There were no Fury convertibles of any trim line in 1971. I don’t believe the 70 Fury GT was available as a convertible.

·
Valued Member
2,415 Posts
I don't see any convertibles in 70 or 71 in any of the Fury cars'
In 1968 and 1969 there was a Fury III convertible and a Sport Fury convertible.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
You need to join “forcbodiesonly.com”
A lot of knowledge there for those cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts