Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
What a lot of revisionist history crap. The only error mopar could be accused of is coming late to the party. Both E bodies and the new Camaro were gorgeous cars Australia never came close to. That Ausie thing is about as exciting as a Maverick. Plymouth also had the very popular Duster which might have pulled some from cuda sales. In fact the 340 Duster sounds exactly what they are describing in the Australian Charger.
Indie Auto, a free newsletter, pretty much describes its worth!

Reactions: LHS

·
Super Moderator
37,703 Posts
Wow. An article written by someone with no understanding of the US auto market in 1970. The problem with the A body as a muscle car was no real room for Hemi or 440 though they made both fit in limited number.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The 340 with a 4 spd was the perfect set-up for a Duster. Surprised a ton of Mustang guys with a 340 Duster.

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks

·
Registered
259 Posts
The 340 with a 4 spd was the perfect set-up for a Duster. Surprised a ton of Mustang guys with a 340 Duster.
I had a 69 Dart GTS 4spd car and it would even spank it's bigger B and E body brothers in the quarter mile...I miss that car something fierce may it rest in peace...It ended up a sandwich between a Caddy and a Ford Truck at Graffiti Night in Modesto CA back in the mid 90's

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Local markets can certainly have different preferences and priorities.

Many years back I appraised an Australian Charger for a local guy.

It was a very nice restored example sporting a 340 Engine.

I asked him if he considered buying one with the Hemi Six.?

He said yes but they cost way more than the 340 example.

Thanks
Randy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts