Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1971 340 magnum motor:
Motor is partially built w/ 4” stroker scat crank and bearings installed, cam bearings installed, all machine work is complete and block is .030 over bore, comes with new in box; KB hyperneurtic pistons, felpro ring set, complete gasket set, brass freeze plugs installed, extend/u. NIB: SCAT rods- w/bearing
All ARP bolts. I am sure I am forgetting something. I was following a motor build guide which calls for Aluminum open chamber heads as it sits: $2k

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
1971 340 magnum motor:
Motor is partially built w/ 4” stroker scat crank and bearings installed, cam bearings installed, all machine work is complete and block is .030 over bore, comes with new in box; KB hyperneurtic pistons, felpro ring set, complete gasket set, brass freeze plugs installed, extend/u. NIB: SCAT rods- w/bearing
All ARP bolts. I am sure I am forgetting something. I was following a motor build guide which calls for Aluminum open chamber heads as it sits: $2k
Never heard of 340 Magnum. Can you give more detail?

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
As a child of the 70's (teen years) I drooled over the 340 Magnum Darts. I sure wish I had the money to grab that along with a set of aluminum heads. I'd have to find a car to put it in too.

Reactions: DC-93

·
Registered
271 Posts
The "340 MAGNUM" callout started being used on Chargers, I believe in 1971, when they first became available in that body style. Certain Darts used "340" or "340 FOUR BARREL" callouts while Challengers only had "340 FOUR BARREL". It was a Dodge-thing. But it's basically the same Dodge/Plymouth engine that evolved throughout its production life.

A unique 340 family member was the 1970 Challenger T/A which had 340 SIX PAK decals, Its 340 was built with a variety of specialty parts, including a stronger block, 3 Holley 2 barrel carbs & intake and offset adjustable rocker arms with corresponding machining to the heads. The rest was standard 340 parts for that year. (i.e.: pistons, rods, crank, valves, etc.) AAR Cuda was the Plymouth version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts