Allpar Forums banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
I worked out all the hookups from the American Autowire harness to the factory cluster. Now to unplug everything and make it neat. I'm thinking of wiring a second, single DIN, modern radio, mounted in the glovebox in to the mix. I could just turn off the repro one in the dash and use the JVC with a couple thousand songs on a thumb drive for road trips. I have the radio and there are extra accessory circuits.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
This afternoon, I integrated my American Autowire harness with my Flaming River steering column. The turn signal switch pin outs on the column matched the American Autowire connector but it was not plug and play. The column connector was a Pack-Con and the harness connector was Delco-Remy. So I had to unpin the Flaming River connector and put those pins into the connector that came with the harness. Then I had to connect the ignition switch to the harness.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
The inside of the driver frame rail had a rust through that had been covered up with seam sealer then painted over. Now, it's actually fixed with steel.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm sorry if I may have missed an answer but does the Charger hold a special place in your heart or memories? I know that this beautiful restoration will not be inexpensive but you must love this car!!
Thanks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Originally thought that the engine bay was good to go, but after all the half-assed body work that had been done to the rest of the car it too was stripped and treated.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
The front lighting harness is done and ready to go in. I checked continuity through the whole thing today. I've taken the engine/ignition harness as far as I can without the engine and transmission in the car. I have to make the plug that connects to the neutral safety/reverse light switch but that has to wait until I can be certain how long to make the leads. I also have to determine length for the electric choke lead and ignition power and tach leads.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
What I truly hope are the last two rust holes. They're in the back side of the core support on the passenger side. A patch cut out of an old Chevy truck cab corner and it's good as new.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
He just keeps finding rust that had been hidden under seam sealer and paint. Fortunately, since he worked from back to front, he's about out of possible places to find more.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts