Allpar Forums banner
281 - 299 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
As long as you're changing the master cylinder, flush the Dot 3 or 4 out of the lines go with Dot 5 as it won't destroy your paint if you ever get a leak.

That color looks great!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Beautiful!!!

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
6,373 Posts
Looking good. Remember it only took a few hours to assemble originally. (Plus special tools, jigs and quite a few assembly line workers.)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
When you've just finished installing an A/C compressor this is not the optimal outcome when you go to hook up the line. Fortunately, I had a spare compressor.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
I ran and hooked up the A/C lines and the heater hoses. There's no decent heater hose diagram in the FSM for Charger/Coronet/Satellite with big block and A/C. So, I don't know if it's right or not. I also reinstalled the brake hardlines/distribution valve/master cylinder. I was working alone so had to improvise to hold up the MC while I went under the dash to install the washers and nuts.

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
Check the ground wire on the horn switch. Sometimes can be troublesome.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
The horn button wasn't seating all the way into the wheel and the retaining ring was holding the button down. Just needed to walk away for a bit and come back with a fresh outlook. It was a gut check connecting the battery. But, I didn't let the smoke out.

281 - 299 of 299 Posts