Allpar Forums banner
301 - 320 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Should be home by Monday. Then I can get going on the interior. Today, I put 5 gallons of fuel in it and cranked it for 10 to 12 seconds with the coil disconnected. Then I reconnected the coil, turned the key, and it fired right up after sitting for almost 2 years.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
Found these two things in one of my containers of extra clips, bolts, screws, etc. Anyone recognize them? Where they attach? What they're for?
Wood Material property Font Ac adapter Metal
Wood Gas Font Art Metal

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Man, that's beautiful. Any way you can post a sound clip of the engine and exhaust? I know I'm not the only one that wants to hear that bad boy running.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
She is beautiful! the stance is perfect(y)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
Man, that's beautiful. Any way you can post a sound clip of the engine and exhaust? I know I'm not the only one that wants to hear that bad boy running.
Maybe after I figure out why there's no power at the coil in start or run. And then figure out how to post a video clip.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Have you checked the ballast resistor? I know it's probably a stupid suggestion, but you can try bypassing it and running a hot wire from the positive post on the battery to the positive post on the coil and then jumping the starter relay to crank it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
Have you checked the ballast resistor? I know it's probably a stupid suggestion, but you can try bypassing it and running a hot wire from the positive post on the battery to the positive post on the coil and then jumping the starter relay to crank it.
I am running an HEI distributor so there is no ballast. Even if I wasn't, the ballast would be bypassed with the key turned to start.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
Since only one hole on the package shelf is a speaker hole and the other is for the defogger, I wanted the screw heads for the second speaker to sit flush so I cobbled together a tool to dimple the flat sheetmetal.
Bicycle part Nickel Cylinder Metal Auto part
Rim Wood Close-up Auto part Metal

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
When I realized that my spare was almost 30 years old, it was time to buy a new one for the next 30 years. Found a dealer in Texas who had one of these left and got it for $60, including shipping.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
I got the inside of the trunk finished. I found some carpet underlay and cut a piece to fit the package shelf, glued it on, and installed the shelf. Now, I'm not sure the order of how it's supposed to be assembled. I have the interior quarter trim on top of the package shelf but I'm wondering if it should go under.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Vehicle Window Car Hood Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I got the inside of the trunk finished. I found some carpet underlay and cut a piece to fit the package shelf, glued it on, and installed the shelf. Now, I'm not sure the order of how it's supposed to be assembled. I have the interior quarter trim on top of the package shelf but I'm wondering if it should go under.
I bet that guy from Graveyard Carz would know off the top of his head.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
38,725 Posts
For as long as they've been in the spotlight, I don't recall seeing any Graveyard Carz/Mark Worman cars getting top awards at Mopar OEM judging.
Have they and I just missed it?

·
Super Moderator
38,725 Posts
I think from what I've seen on other Mopars, the trim goes on top the package shelf panel.
I say that, but I've never checked inside a Charger of this vintage though.

Reactions: chuzz
301 - 320 of 332 Posts