141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Reactions: dodgeismycar

·
Premium Member
20,120 Posts
Looking good. I'm assuming the metal is being treated with metal prep or phosphoric acid prior to epoxy. Looking good. A good paint job is very slow prepping everything properly, that's for sure.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
He's been acid treating everything. I like that he keeps me informed and is okay with me popping in to see progress. Friday, he was undoing the previous shop's "repairs" to the trunk lid. I took him a spare trunk lid and his response was "so that's what it's supposed to look like."

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I'll be using a Classic Dash gauge panel which has no provision for radio. So, I bought a new radio and an installation kit for GM and mounted it to the top of the glovebox insert.
phpC8PxlIPM.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Old quarter skin is off which revealed some additional damage in the structure. Old, crappy repairs to the trunklid cut out and a new lip created that actually aligns to the car.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I am very impressed with this body shop! This charger is going to be better than new!

Reactions: Doug D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
The rear most inner part of the quarter was rippled from a rear end collision back in '89. Fortunately, I had bought the pieces from AMD a while ago just in case I ever needed them. I needed them.
Quarter brace.jpg
Quarter brace (2).jpg

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Great progress on the Charger!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
He also found some rust in the trunk gutter that the previous shop had filled with seam sealer and painted over.

141 - 160 of 178 Posts