Allpar Forums banner

1973 Canadian Plymouth Road Runner ad

878 9
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
Reactions: DC-93
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6,085 Posts
I see they didn't offer the 340 or the 440 four barrel or three two barrel options in 73 but mention a high performance torque converter. Does that mean a stall converter?

· Super Moderator
21,328 Posts
I see they didn't offer the 340 or the 440 four barrel or three two barrel options in 73 but mention a high performance torque converter. Does that mean a stall converter?
At least in the US there was a full lineup of RoadRunner engines: 318-2, 340-4, 400-4, 440-4.
The 440-6 was not offered after 1971 (except for an extremely small number of early 1972 units).

· Super Moderator
21,328 Posts
Talk to the Guy who owns one; (Well actually it's a 73 "clone" or "tribute" car, but I still love it.

View attachment 91865
Beautiful car, beautiful color.
It wasn’t that long ago the 1973 was looked down on as “too new” to be a muscle car which was a shame. My opinion is this was the best RoadRunner body style.

Reactions: multimopes

· Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for the statistical info. I stand corrected. It never made sense to me that the smogger series cars would outsell the others. Unless of course, people saw the end of a good thing & panic bought the later ones. I don't think I am hallucinating, but, if I can find where & from who I read about it, I will post here. Maybe it was only the Satellite model. At any rate the ugly bumper guard extensions looked like hell to me. If I had money back then & bought one, I would have taken them off as soon as I got home risking my insurance being cancelled. lol!

· Registered
22 Posts
You are probably correct on production of the Satellites. I cannot find my Collectible Automobile issue about Satellites, but I did find the issue featuring B body Chargers. 1973 was the best year. I had a '73 Charger SE. They were very popular. Agree that the rubber bumper extensions were ugly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts