Allpar Forums banner

1973 Dodge Charger engine swap question?

11301 6
Hello out there.
I am restoring a 1973 Charger, my question is ...How difficult would it be to put in a 3rd gen Hemi in this car? Like out of a wrecked Charger or Challenger.
Can you do it at all? I would like to take the engine and convert to Carb. possibly leaving any computer out of the issue.

Has there been anyone out there do attempt this? If so, ANY insight would be appreciated.

The 400 that is in it now (I think) is pretty well shot. Maybe recon the block and begin from scratch it would be ok.

Thanks in advance,
NewParOwner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
My new shop will be finished soon and i hope to start digging into it all.
As it stands now, I have absolutly NO room to even go ahead and pull the engine.
So its been a hurry up and wait situation. I have actually even thought about renting a place
to put my car, my sons car and another project truck. Just really hate to waste the money on rent.
BUT if this gets postponed much longer, I will be renting.....even if its just short term.
I have been biting the bit to get my hands on this thing and begin the restore.
My son is also. he has a '71 Mustang Mach 1. And the project truck is a '70 F-100.
I have just been reluctant to start because they are ALL out in the weather.
Don't want to do more harm than good at this point.

I'll keep ya'll updated on the process.

Thanks again,
NewParOwner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.