Allpar Forums banner

1975 Chrysler Cordoba with shag carpeting and corinthian leather and crushed velour

1076 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  ImperialCrown
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
17,286 Posts
The Chrysler stylists had a romance of things Spanish for awhile in the '70's.
I remember the Aztec gold finish, Inca-art patterns of the interior & gold coin emblems.
A 1970 Newport Cordoba Edition:

· Super Moderator
21,334 Posts
Just about every time I take my 76 charger out people think its a Cordoba. Kinda wish my car had the rich Corinthian leather.
With Charger you got not so rich vinyl That's what the bucket seats were in my 1976 Charger SE.

· Registered
5,226 Posts
That first generation Cordoba was nice looking, good running and very reliable. I know several people that had them, including 2 that came over to Chysler from other American manufacturers to buy them. After that first generation, their quality began to go downhill :cry: .

· Super Moderator
21,334 Posts
That first generation Cordoba was nice looking, good running and very reliable. I know several people that had them, including 2 that came over to Chysler from other American manufacturers to buy them. After that first generation, their quality began to go downhill :cry: .
The biggest problem that took a lot of them off the road was rust after some time in the harsher climates. The leaf springs would pop through the trunk floor. It wasn't a terrible repair if you knew a good welder.

· Registered
2011 Challenger R/T Classic
1,202 Posts
My grandparents put over 300,000 miles on a white one. I do remember one winter around 1986ish or so my father and grandfather pulled the transmission out and rebuilt it because it lost reverse. That car seemed like it wanted to last forever. It also had a very distinct smell inside, I guess from the old leather seats.

· Super Moderator
21,334 Posts
My two favorite cars (despite Valant being in my user name) were my 1977 Cordoba (400-4 lean burn car) and my 1979 Cordoba (E58 360-4 lean burn car).
The 1977 was my favorite year looks wise, but the 360-4 motor made the 1979 a faster, better handling, and more efficient car.
I did have a couple of the next style including a very nice 1981 318 Cordoba.
i'd hate to list all the Cordobas and siblings (Chargers, Magnums, Miradas) I've had. I think it was 14, though one was only a parts car.

· Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
17,286 Posts
In 1979, they had a Cordoba-based 300 with the 360, TQ & dual exhaust.
The 1980-1983 Cordoba LS was probably meant to be a 300 (available with a slant-6).
Then Dodge/Ram got the cross-hair grille.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire

1 - 15 of 15 Posts