Allpar Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Ok lets get serious...If you take that 440 in that 76 coronet and make it high output but you usen a fuel injection system it will run cleaner then the original 76 440.
So even if its cleaner the state will make you put the air pump back on and make the car run dirtier?

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
Ok lets get serious...If you take that 440 in that 76 coronet and make it high output but you usen a fuel injection system it will run cleaner then the original 76 440.
So even if its cleaner the state will make you put the air pump back on and make the car run dirtier?
In California and a few other states, yes.

Reactions: ClayBelt40's

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the site. I joined because it's a good site to get information on a passion of mine. 70's Police cars. I love these car and I am currently restoring a 1976 Dodge Coronet CHP police car that has its original 440 engine and is getting a nut and bolt restoration. I would like to hear from other members who are restoring similar cars and if they know of any that are for sale. There is always room for one more! Any tips on getting parts or restoring things like wiring harnesses and most importantly, a source of NOS parts. I've been very lucky getting NOS parts for my car but could always use more parts like weatherstripping or interior parts. Look forward to seeing responses. Thanks!
1976 Dodge Coronet California Highway patrol with 440 HP (all numbers matching) runs and drives but needs carb rebuilt and brake boaster has pin hole but does stop needs tires and possibly a gas tank 95% or less rust free still has the spot lights but not working might just need light bulb also in CHiPs first season they used one like this I posted a picture of it for attention this is a real cop car the guy I bought it from was the person that bought it from the California Highway patrol bought for project but do not have time for it

Listing for a friend

for more information contact Paul Page call or text 479 227 0803

Thanks

64440 miles Read Less
Asking $5000

·
Premium Member
2017 Charger Pursuit AWD
619 Posts
The Mopar squad cars are overlooked because most enthusiasts don't consider them "performance" models, even though they were often the quickest/fastest domestic sedans through at least end of M body production in mid-model year '89.

B bodies have a good degree of interchangeability and aftermarket support from '73-'78, and to a lesser extent, the similar R bodies through '81.

If you're restoring one of these cars, removing emissions control apparatus automatically makes your project a modification, instead of a restoration.

A '75 V8 police model (K in the VIN) would have stock Chrysler electronic ignition with a ThermoQuad 850 (1.5" primary) carb. Even with EGR and a vapor canister, the hoses aren't bad if routed neatly.

'84 models with the ELE 318 4bbl were probably the worst, with an altitude compensator added to the fender, with additional hoses. '85-'89 4bbl squads were slightly better, except '89 2bbl cars which had a vacuum controlled convertor lockup solenoid.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts