Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just bought a 76 valiant sedan. I knew buying it that the driver's control arms were rough and i needed to do the suspension, but the price was right and the body is pretty straight. Unfortunately, while driving home, the lower arm snapped, and dropped me. I priced out all the other parts (bushings, ball joints, etc.), but i'm really struggling to find affordable control arms. Most of what i'm finding are upper end performance parts, and I've got to admit, i'm just trying to get this guy rolling again to make it an easy going A to B vehicle. The way i look at it is; if i'm going to fix up the driver side of the suspension, i might as well do both sides at once. Does anybody know where i can find something a little more affordable for a pair of upper, and lower, control arms?

·
Premium Member
20,162 Posts
You can expand your search from 1973 through 1976 for components. It is not very often that the upper or lower control arms break, they are fairly sturdy, and quite truthfully, I have never heard of a lower control arm breaking, given the design and all, it must have been majorly damaged to begin with. 4 years to seach for A body control arms should give you plenty of stock pieces out there (Dart, Demon, Valiant, Scamp, etc.).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i was incredibly shocked (for a number of reasons). the front suspension was jacked pretty badly and super rusty. i guess there was just too much rattling and bouncing for it to handle. i appreciate the advice, thank you. do you have any idea where i might look for arms?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Check with Marty at Arizona Auto Parts.

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
dana44 said:
You can expand your search from 1973 through 1976 for components. It is not very often that the upper or lower control arms break, they are fairly sturdy, and quite truthfully, I have never heard of a lower control arm breaking, given the design and all, it must have been majorly damaged to begin with. 4 years to seach for A body control arms should give you plenty of stock pieces out there (Dart, Demon, Valiant, Scamp, etc.).
Correct and, in a pinch, a 1962-72 lower arm will work if the OP's car doesn't have a swaybar. I know for a fact that 1973+ arms will bolt right up to a 1965 A body Mopar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts