Allpar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1977 yellow Volare with the RoadRunner package. I purchased the car used, but as original with the yellow paint and all decals. The decals are black white and gray (unlike the colors used for other paint colors). I am trying to locate any information on production numbers for this color combination. I have brought the car to the Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle many times and nobody has seen a yellow Volare coupe with the roadrunner package. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
39,994 Posts
You can find out how many 1977 Volare Road Runners there were (4575). You could also probably find out how many Volare coupes were yellow. But you can't find out how many were both because Chrysler didn't track combinations of options (Road Runner was an option package by then).
As for the stripes, the colors of the stripes depended on the color of the car -according to the data book there was no choice in stripe color once body color was selected. Back and gray stripes were used on white cars. Yellow may have been a late addition as it was not listed in the available colors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can find out how many 1977 Volare Road Runners there were (4575). You could also probably find out how many Volare coupes were yellow. But you can't find out how many were both because Chrysler didn't track combinations of options (Road Runner was an option package by then).
As for the stripes, the colors of the stripes depended on the color of the car -according to the data book there was no choice in stripe color once body color was selected. Back and gray stripes were used on white cars. Yellow may have been a late addition as it was not listed in the available colors.
Well my father bought one of these Roadrunners Orange & Black interior w/ T‐Tops in 1977 off Showroom floor in City of Alhambra CA. was my first car given to me in 1991 Tragically it was caught Up in carport Fire in '93 still to this Day Never seen one or even grown-up with it as child Newer saw another one like it and of course I always keep my eyes open looking to buy one hopefully this unicorn crosses my path one day might have better luck having Sasquatch sighting 👣 lol...

·
Super Moderator
39,994 Posts
Well my father bought one of these Roadrunners Orange & Black interior w/ T‐Tops in 1977 off Showroom floor in City of Alhambra CA. was my first car given to me in 1991 Tragically it was caught Up in carport Fire in '93 still to this Day Never seen one or even grown-up with it as child Newer saw another one like it and of course I always keep my eyes open looking to buy one hopefully this unicorn crosses my path one day might have better luck having Sasquatch sighting 👣 lol...
Orange with black interior was probably the most common color for the Road Runner in 1976 and 1977. Even then, they aren’t easy to find. Rust got so many of them.

Reactions: Adventurer55

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 1977 yellow Volare with the RoadRunner package. I purchased the car used, but as original with the yellow paint and all decals. The decals are black white and gray (unlike the colors used for other paint colors). I am trying to locate any information on production numbers for this color combination. I have brought the car to the Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle many times and nobody has seen a yellow Volare coupe with the roadrunner package. Any help is appreciated.
I also own a yellow 77 violare road runner. From what I hear it was a special order color and less then 5 are beleived to be in existence. I haven't found the build sheet yet hoping it's hiding in there somewhere but wasn't under the seats

·
Super Moderator
39,994 Posts
I also own a yellow 77 violare road runner. From what I hear it was a special order color and less then 5 are beleived to be in existence. I haven't found the build sheet yet hoping it's hiding in there somewhere but wasn't under the seats
Yellow was a standard Volare color. While it probably wasn't that popular, I'm curious as to how someone decided they only made 5.

·
Super Moderator
39,994 Posts
Sposely in 77 with the road runner package only 5 are believed to be made
Any one that makes that claim doesn’t understand how Chrysler tracked production options. You can tell how many Volares are yellow and you can tell how many Volares had the Road Runner package. But they didn’t keep figures telling how many cars had both.
I don’t doubt it’s rare, but the 1 of 5 is just a guess and not one that can be proven.

Reactions: Adventurer55
1 - 8 of 8 Posts