Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on 1 ton dually with the granny low transmission. I am wanting to put a nv4500 from a 93 gas motor (5.9) in it. I took everything from the flywheel to the drive shaft. Does anyone know if this will bolt up to my 79 360. Thanks for the any help.

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
Welcome to Allpar.

The bolt pattern of the block and transmission did not change from LA to Magnum. The one thing that may be different is that even though both were externally balanced, I believe the balancing is different between the LA 360 in the 1979 and the Magnum 360 (5.9) of your donor truck. Hopefully someone else can confirm or deny that.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I believe that the balancing issue is correct.

You'll probably need to call around to find a machine shop that can properly add balancing weights to the torque converter, or see if someone has an aftermarket pre-balanced converter for sale already.

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
tfinley said:
Both of the transmission a manual, but the balance my be different on the fly wheels?
Correct. I think there is more exterior balance balance weight on the LA 360 than the Magnum 5.9.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Also..CHECK your input shaft diameter and length!
While you have taken everything from the flywheel back, the pilot shaft hole size in the crank may be different. Advanced Adapters and others make bushings and kits to correct that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts