Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2014 RAM 1500 Big Horn CC, 2006 PT GT Cruiser, 2005 Neon SXT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling this recently acquired project car, Bought with the hopes driving it while doing a slow restoration (I.E. low funds).

When purchased it was a non runner ("Ran when parked"), I freed up the motor put it back together, replaced the fuel pump (previous owner removed the valve cover and some other odds and ends) and it started right up, but sadly it is making some bad noises. I haven't diagnosed the noise, but internal engine issues aren't my thing, so I want to move on. There is a post related to my getting it running.

I don't have a lot of money into it, and I know these cars don't have a lot of value so I'm not expecting much so MAKE A OFFER, I might surprise you.

I can help load it on a carrier , but can't deliver it myself. It is a running vehicle, but I don't think it is in a state where it could be driven further than the end of my driveway due to the engine noise and brakes. 5 speed goes into gear, I've used 1st and reverse only, but i assume the rest are good to, front drivers side wheel bearing is shot, brakes work but don't release easily (The front flexible brake lines need to be replaced).

I am also willing to consider a trade for a good running turbo Dodge, condition doesn't have to be great but needs to be salvageable.

I would like to sell complete, it is a very desirable combination for a Daytona (86, Black on Black, C/S, manual, and only missing the T-Tops), but if I don't get any takers I will re-post for parts at a later date.

Details:
Mileage says 77936, but there is an asterisk *, so the gage was replaced at some point in it's life.
Black Gold paint scheme
Black Leather interior (driver seat has wear spot on upper portion)
5 speed manual
2.2 liter turbo (all parts are there)
loaded electronics, including digital cluster ( works fine so far as I can tell)
power windows
Factory Sunroof
Rear window Lovers
225 50 VR 15's rubber is holding air on three corners one slow leak, but all tires cracking a bit.
All AC components are in a box in the back.

Interior: appears complete, headliner is a mess, also see signs of mice, not terrible but evident, needs major cleaning, and the front leather seats need some softening, driver seat has a spot worn through.

Condition of the body:
Floor boards are solid good except the passenger side (see pictures)
Rockers are great
Small rust spot on the tailgate hatch
Paint is rough
Rear passenger corner has been in a accident, I think it can be pulled out, but it's not minor as you can see in the pictures, the quarter panel is distorted.
Both Tail-lamps are cracked

Bonus:
I have lots of extra Parts in the back that come along for the ride, including but not limited to : 89 t-II intake, several throttle bodies, 89 Valve cover (one piece gasket), a turbo, Spark intercooler, and lots of other odds and ends.

front Quater-Day one.JPG
Floor board drvr bck .JPG
Front Psnger corner-1.JPG
PAssenger floor board rust.JPG
dash center.JPG
interior seat drvr.JPG

I will add more picts in the next post if I can, if you need to see something specific let me know, I have tons of photos.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2014 RAM 1500 Big Horn CC, 2006 PT GT Cruiser, 2005 Neon SXT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Morre images

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rear view:

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Realizing I didn't put a price, $1,000 OBO.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reduced to $800 or best offer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had a couple deals fall through, Car is still available.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
799 views, and the car is still here, it needs to get out of my garage before winter, I am open to just about any offer, this car is too nice to send to the yard, come on Allpar.

My last offer was for it to get a LS conversion, not exactly what I had in mind for it, but that's better than the scrap yard, unfortunately the buyer had some personal issues come up before he came to get it... lots of personal issues out there I guess...

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,165 Posts
What is up with everyone wanting to put an LS into everything. One of my many pet peeves. That being said, I really with it goes to someone who can re-do it. Wished I was that one. I am envious of anyone who can wrench on a car and make it better than it was before.

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
Man, I sure wish I had the money, but I don't. I had to borrow money just to put tires on my car last week. Still not sure how I'll be able to pay that back yet. Hopefully I can get some carpentry work from some of the snowbirds that will be arriving in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
Pretty sure he and the car are in Muskegon, MI, Marty. You're NOT on drugs. LMAO

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@marty mopar @chuzz

Thanks, yeah, Muskegon MI essentially. Weird that I didn't note the location, guess I'm use to my location being noted in my avatar.

Car is located in Muskegon MI area, and still available, now on 8 offers (accepted) and no follow through from those, although I do have one in play now, keeping my fingers crossed, I will update the status if sold.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Car is SOLD, thanks TD Community, going to a good home in a much warmer climate.

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
Congratulations on the sale. I sure wish the wifes mothers money and estate weren't tied up in probate. The wife said if she gets a fair amount, I could have some to buy a toy. That would have been a great toy. 60 days and counting now. I'm hoping it won't be much longer.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,165 Posts
I'm so glad to know it sold to someone who will fix it up. That will be a sharp looking car once it get rebuild and a new coat of paint put on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Selling this recently acquired project car, Bought with the hopes driving it while doing a slow restoration (I.E. low funds).

When purchased it was a non runner ("Ran when parked"), I freed up the motor put it back together, replaced the fuel pump (previous owner removed the valve cover and some other odds and ends) and it started right up, but sadly it is making some bad noises. I haven't diagnosed the noise, but internal engine issues aren't my thing, so I want to move on. There is a post related to my getting it running.

I don't have a lot of money into it, and I know these cars don't have a lot of value so I'm not expecting much so MAKE A OFFER, I might surprise you.

I can help load it on a carrier , but can't deliver it myself. It is a running vehicle, but I don't think it is in a state where it could be driven further than the end of my driveway due to the engine noise and brakes. 5 speed goes into gear, I've used 1st and reverse only, but i assume the rest are good to, front drivers side wheel bearing is shot, brakes work but don't release easily (The front flexible brake lines need to be replaced).

I am also willing to consider a trade for a good running turbo Dodge, condition doesn't have to be great but needs to be salvageable.

I would like to sell complete, it is a very desirable combination for a Daytona (86, Black on Black, C/S, manual, and only missing the T-Tops), but if I don't get any takers I will re-post for parts at a later date.

Details:
Mileage says 77936, but there is an asterisk *, so the gage was replaced at some point in it's life.
Black Gold paint scheme
Black Leather interior (driver seat has wear spot on upper portion)
5 speed manual
2.2 liter turbo (all parts are there)
loaded electronics, including digital cluster ( works fine so far as I can tell)
power windows
Factory Sunroof
Rear window Lovers
225 50 VR 15's rubber is holding air on three corners one slow leak, but all tires cracking a bit.
All AC components are in a box in the back.

Interior: appears complete, headliner is a mess, also see signs of mice, not terrible but evident, needs major cleaning, and the front leather seats need some softening, driver seat has a spot worn through.

Condition of the body:
Floor boards are solid good except the passenger side (see pictures)
Rockers are great
Small rust spot on the tailgate hatch
Paint is rough
Rear passenger corner has been in a accident, I think it can be pulled out, but it's not minor as you can see in the pictures, the quarter panel is distorted.
Both Tail-lamps are cracked

Bonus:
I have lots of extra Parts in the back that come along for the ride, including but not limited to : 89 t-II intake, several throttle bodies, 89 Valve cover (one piece gasket), a turbo, Spark intercooler, and lots of other odds and ends.

View attachment 19911 View attachment 19919 View attachment 19923 View attachment 19925 View attachment 19927 View attachment 19929
I will add more picts in the next post if I can, if you need to see something specific let me know, I have tons of photos.
Do you still have this car

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you still have this car
no sorry, sold a long time ago, I had hoped the buyer was going to do right by it, but in looking at his web page, it looks like he hasn't done anything with it except post a video of how the engine was running and asking advise... since he had a newly rebuilt motor for it when he bought it from me, , I'm not sure why he bothered... meh to each his own

1 - 20 of 20 Posts