Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased an '87 Dodge D150 and i am trying to put a fresh coat of paint on it. It is currently silver, which i believe is the stock color of the truck. But i cannot locate a paint code anywhere on the truck. Can anyone help me to were i can match this color

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
I think the paint color is located on the driver's door sill sticker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my problem is that i cant locate the sticker anywhere on the truck. I checked under the hood, in the door sill and in the cabin of the truck. But it is no where to be found. Im thinking it might have been removed...

·
Super Moderator
36,920 Posts
Given that it is a 1987 truck, I hope it's not too early for these possibilities:
You can register the truck in the owner's section of Dodge.com and get the build information based on the VIN.
Or call a dealer and have them run the VIN for you to get the build info.
It's possible the 1987 may have still used the underhood equipment decal which may not be so durable.

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
The Motor's crash book says that 1986-1993 paint codes are located on the right (passenger) side under the cowl grille panel. The grille panel near the wipers may have to come off to see the stamped plate, unless they mean that it is 'below' the cowl panel on the firewall. All 1987-on colors are clear coat.
You may want to consult the factory service manual or body/paint shop literature from this era for paint code choices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts