Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1987 Lebaron radio swap, what else fits?

I have a 1987 Lebaron Convert/turbo and it has a non-functioning aftermarket unit in it. I would rather have a newer factory AMFM CD head unit.

Any idea what will go in the "hole" and look like it belongs there?...again I am looking for a Chrysler Am/FM CD head unit.

Thanks in advance for your help

Todd

·
Super Moderator
36,921 Posts
Basically aything from 1983 (when the clocks were integrated into the radio) until they got rounded corners on the radio in 1999-2001 depending on the car line other than a few oddballs like the cloud cars where the mounting tabs were moved.

Lots of minivans, LH cars, Dakotas and Durangos could donate the radio. So can many Jeeps though some may have amber rather than green backlighting in the Jeeps I'm not sure.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Try for 1985 and up in the square face units. 1983 and sometimes even 1984 decks often used common ground or common positive wiring at the speakers and probably won't be plug and play... especially the 1983 models. Infinity or non Infinity doesn't matter to the speakers, no matter whether you have Infinity or not.

My personal suggestion would be the single CD Infinity IV deck or the newer non Infinity variants... they were Alpine built and there is not a better sounding deck Chrysler used in the 90's, IMO. Go as new as possible for best CD-R compatibility. Look for supplier code 26777 on the label... these come in three band and five band EQ variants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts