Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for walkers part number for a y-pipe for a 1988 dodge d150 with 3.9. Doesn't come up in new books, does anybody have a older cross reference.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
looking for walkers part number for a y-pipe for a 1988 dodge d150 with 3.9. Doesn't come up in new books, does anybody have a older cross reference.
Thanks
Are you sure it was just a 'Y' pipe? Why I ask is the 3.9L that year may have had a light off catalytic converter (or two) just under the exhaust manifolds.

·
Super Moderator
36,924 Posts
Looking at the factory parts book, it seems to say that only the 360 has the front converter so it is possible the 3.9 uses simply a Y pipe. Somewhere I have an old exhaust catalog, I'll have to see if I can find it tonight.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Looking at the factory parts book, it seems to say that only the 360 has the front converter so it is possible the 3.9 uses simply a Y pipe. Somewhere I have an old exhaust catalog, I'll have to see if I can find it tonight.
Interesting since at least the early 1988 360's were non computer controlled Q-jet carb motors with vacuum advance ignitions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts