Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

after flushing my Minivan´s Ultradrive, the neutral safety switch started leaking very bad.
Are there any gaskets i should get or is it just screwed in, so that i could use some teflon tape?

Thank you and greetings
Kevin

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
There is a gasket ring where the switch screws into the transaxle case. You can seal the threads if this is where it is leaking.
If the body of the switch has started leaking, it will need a switch.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a gasket ring where the switch screws into the transaxle case. You can seal the threads if this is where it is leaking.
If the body of the switch has started leaking, it will need a switch.
OK thank you!

Do you maybe know how much oil i´ll loose? Or is it better to put the oil pan down first?

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
You'll lose no fluid replacing the switch. Teflon tape can be a problem as the switch must ground to to the case and it's possible for teflon tape to prevent a ground,

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll lose no fluid replacing the switch. Teflon tape can be a problem as the switch must ground to to the case and it's possible for teflon tape to prevent a ground,
OK thank you very much!

Just another thing....where can i get the N safety switch? Rockauto, Ebay etc. do not offer those parts....only the in / output speed sensors...

Any ideas?

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
Any parts store should carry it.

·
Super Moderator
36,933 Posts
Rockauto carries the neutral safety switch. It's under Electrical - Switches and Relays for a 1989 Dodge Spirit.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rockauto carries the neutral safety switch. It's under Electrical - Switches and Relays for a 1989 Dodge Spirit.
Ahh, thank you very much!

I was searching like a moron in the Caravan folder.....thanks, ordered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts