Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching online for two parts; but I don't know the name of them to try and find them online. They are Dark smoked Plexiglas on both the drivers side and passenger side in the front. When you lift the engine hood up and look above each headlight you will see these dark colored plastic covers that look like they are designed for water run off so the water won't flow in between the forward part of the header panel and headlamps. They are pop riveted on with two aluminum rivets. My neighbor hit a car in the left front end and I'm going to replace the busted up parts. I found everything else but those two Plexiglas type shields that sit up above the headlamps that are riveted to that metal structure forward and parallel with radiator. They are approximately 8 inches long by about 2 1/2 inches deep. Hopefully somebody here will know the exact name of these parts I am talking about here. I believe it's called some sort of bezel, meaning slanting downwards and covering over an exposed area.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I don't think that the factory used smoked plexiglas anything in this area. It sounds to me like part of an added aftermarket smoked headlight cover retainer clip. Nothing in the Shadow/Sundance crash book looks like this.
Maybe find one in a local salvage yard for comparison?

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
I agree, it does sound like something someone added to the car and not the factory. It's been a while since I've looked at a Shadow but I don't recall ever seeing parts like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts