Allpar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 16 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced radiator. 2nd day, tranny jumped to "limp" mode. Code 17. Replaced coolant temp sensor and reset codes. Tranny still limping and now throwing a code 22. Any more ideas? Oh yeah, what is the other, smaller sensor next to the thermostat housing? Thanx

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Here's a couple more symptom: Temperature is reaching 190 Degrees +-. Temp gauge is barely off the peg. After resetting the codes (by disconnecting battery) I'm still locked in 2nd gear but no fault code! I there a way to reset the transaxle fault codes?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the great info. You're right, I'm doing the key dance. I'll have to find someone with a special scanner. Surely, there must be a simple way to reset the code in the TCM!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have information that according to the service manual, there is NO TCM on this vehicle. The only readouts are from the ECM (or PCM). This controls the solenoid block on the transmission. I don't know who to believe! Very frustrating!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found someone who has a Snap-on diagnostic tool that can read the tcm codes. I have a code 41. (That's the low/reverse solenoid circuit) Following the troubleshooting flowchart, I have conclude that I need to replace the controller. I can't find a part number on it. Can someone look that up for me or refer me to a site where I can? Thanks

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good news! purchased TCM (P/N4557120) on EBay, for about $30. !5 minutes to replace and problem solved. HooRay! Now if I can get the rear airbags to inflate ...

Thanks everyone, for your help.

1 - 7 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.