Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
Question for anyone able to help me. I have a 90 dodge daytona shelby with a 2.5 turbo engine. Now i have a chance to get a 2.2 turbo engine in a 91 dodge shadow that has the twin over head cams. i was hoping to try and swap engines and install it in the 90 daytona. Frist is this possable to do with the original 3 spd trans and can i use the same cpu hookup? anyone ever try this setup? thanks jon

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
Computer will be different. I think the TIII uses sequential firing fuel injection, the other turbos (at least most of them) fire in tandem. Not sure the automatic can take that much torque.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The engine in the picture is not a T-III but what is refered to as a hybrid. That's a DOHC 16 valve head on a regular 2.2/2.5 block. Most hybrids use a Neon style head but the one in the picture is a 420A head. They were reverse of the Neon DOHC head with the intake on the back and the exhaust on the front. These were in Neon 2.0 L powered Mitsubushi's and Plymouth Breeze 5 speed cars that used the reverse head. Totally different from the Talon etc. 2.0 Twin cam turbo engines. While several people have made good running hybrids the project is not easy due to electronics and the fabricating involved. The engine in the picture looks like it is not running so that might be a clue as to the difficulty involved.

Thanks
Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts