Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the rack and pinion on my 1990 LeBaron sedan. It's a V6 3.0 and 4 speed automatic. The replacement is available either for code SBB (firm steering) or SBA (standard). They say to look on the "body plate" for this information but the only plate I could find with codes (near the radiator) is meaningless to me. Does anyone have any idea which steering package came standard on this model? Or failing that, any idea where the part number is on the stock R&P?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48873/body_plate.jpg

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I contacted Chrysler with my VIN and they replied with a "build sheet" which had the codes I needed. Pretty cool, and fast considering the age of the car. It does indeed have standard steering.

For anyone it might help, here is the page I used to contact them. I chose the "I need customer assisstance" link.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I did luck out then. I'm the second owner, though I don't know if my name would be associated with any service records. It's worth a try I guess for anyone who needs the info. They replied to me the next morning.

I can use all the luck I can get!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.