Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've currently got the one pictured on the bottom and it's pretty much toast, just wondering if the one shown on top can take its place. As far as I can tell visually it looks fine and considering its from a 1990 Dynasty I believe it's good.

Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The top one looks identical to the one on my 90 LeBaron 3.0L. Was the 90 Dynasty a 3.0L? I'm not sure if there's a difference between the 3.0L and 3.3L climate control. They certainly look functionally identical.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there were Dynastys with the 3.0L from 1988-to 89, I honestly cant remember if I've ever seen one after that which is the only reason I'm concerned because I believe the interior changed a tad between those years.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are identical. Make an inspection of the vacuum port interface and the cable swivel lever length and location. I've swapped that style between models over many years.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Yup. If this were an ATC equipped car you'd have a problem (1990 only interchanges back to 1988), but it's not. As mentioned, it should be a simple swap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks guys, regardless of the fact I need to replace mine I actually prefer this style.

It matches the style of the radio system better and I never liked the chrome rectangular nobs the one I had posted has.

It's the little details like that. : )

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, slight update. The cable and rectangular plug are compatible with no problems but the vacuum port interface as mentioned before is different. The style I wanted has a row of little connector pegs (for lack of a better word) in a straight row, while the one pictured below has a rounded row of the pegs.

Was just wondering if:

1. the conversion of the vacuum cables is possible.

2. is it a difficult swap, i would imagine it wouldnt be.

3. Anyone had a spare cable or knew of a place to find one, a part number would also help a ton.

Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts