Allpar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haver recently purchased a 1992 lebaron convertible...champagne color with tan interior.It only has 87,000 miles but it does already have an oil leak from the front main seal...That is a project for next weekend as it is leaking pretty bad. I have recently also purchased a set of rims for it. The car has stock 15 inch rims but just has hubcaps. I found 93 Sundance wheels ,also 15 inch, but with the right bolt pattern. Beautiful gold color " 30 slot" alloys. What i need to know is if I need extended studs to fit these to my lebaron??I know I'll have to have longer lugnuts. I also know they are M12X 1.50 thread and stock ones are 41mm in length. What length do i need to be safe and does anyone know of a supplier for these?? even part numbers maybe???Thanks in advance. I already love this car and these wheels would set it off so well!

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
If you are talking the stock alloys from the Sundance, they will work with your stock lugs just fine. Any auto part store should be able to fix you up with chromed lug nuts that will work.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Welcome to Allpar!
I would keep the steelies around just in case. You could switch them on in the winter to help keep the alloys out of the salt, etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very goods news! i had been pricing extended studs and some were kinda out there....good to know stock length is ok. I am going to keep the steel rims and hubs but I live in florida so no snow problems...ever !Glad i found this site..people actually answer over here!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In a related wheel question.....where can I get centercaps for my new rims? What size would they be?

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
eBay is a common place to find things like that.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I don't know if we're talking about the same wheels or if I'm missing what you're asking for, but I didn't think that those alloys had centercaps. If you're looking for a decent set of covers for the steelies on there now, Wal-Mart sells a decent (knockoff) approximate. Original is on the left, knockoff is on the right.

Personally, I think the Walmart knockoff looks wrong somehow because the proportions are off, but that's just me. It's getting harder and harder to find original covers that aren't all chewed up.

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
Every allow wheel has a removeable center car of some sorts, or else they won't fit on most tire balancing machines.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160710656873?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
these are the rims....gold insets with chrome finish on the rest..the center caps seem to be less than two inches across by measuring the hole...The chrome caps on the steelies are ok..at least three are near perfect..one is bent a bit...they're vanes with gold inserts..much smaller sharper vanes than the walmart ones...I just wanted alloys...The seller i got them from just didn't have the center caps in stock. I have checked a few other sites but haven't found much that wasn't at least 2 inches...

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
I had a set of those on one of my 1994 LeBarons. The part number for the center cap is 4284004 so if you see some for sale, you should see that number stamped on the back. It was used on at least one other style of wheel as well.

When I search for that number on eBay, several come up though some are incorrect (chromed or with a Dodge logo) and are really a different part number. Nothing right now I'd call a bargain on the centers though.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The center cap P/N 4284004 is used on a number of the 15" alloy rims for many years. This would include yours. It's an aluminum cap with a spun brushed finish. I beleive Marty Mopar has them on his site and you may still able to order them from Chrysler as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the info and part numbers..The few I've found seem to be going for $20 plus each..also checking yards but most wheels alrready gone...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That part number was right on the money.I ordered one on ebay and got it yesterday. Ordered just the one to be sure...wasn't cheap at $20 but looks really nice.I should be putting all four rims on in about a month..after i'm done with all the oil leak and timing belt5 stuff...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts