Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is spitting out some codes today. 12, 24, 51, 55.

according to the codes page someone on this site has sent me the 24 is due to the tps getting over 4.96v?

So do i need a new tps or is there a way to adjust it I know on some vehicles you can.

Truck won't start right up which i read can be a sign of the tps being or going bad.

Thanks for any advice and input.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
You have made your own logic, and when you replace it, disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to allow the computer to start back on the base computer settings so it doesn't have to work overtime to correct itself trying to overcome the bad TPS to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
Code 51 is O2 sensor, which is not triggered by a bad TPS. And usually a bad TPS allows it to start and stall, start and stall, with a low idle if it runs. I'd look more for a bad ground, since I believe they use the same ground connection.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Code 51 is O2 sensor, which is not triggered by a bad TPS. And usually a bad TPS allows it to start and stall, start and stall, with a low idle if it runs. I'd look more for a bad ground, since I believe they use the same ground connection.
Alright I will look for a bad ground, I have replaced the 02 sensor about a month ago.

My truck has never stalled on me while driving. Has just never cranked on the first turn of the key, Most of the time it would start like a champ on the second or third but sometimes it takes 20-30 mins trying (has been getting worse latley). I figured bad fuel pressure in the rail so i replaced the pressure regulator since i do hear the pump kick on.

This didn't seem to help at all so i ran the codes last night.

Any idea of where this particular ground would be?

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
I can check the manual for my truck.

You may have a failing fuel pump. With the engine cold, turn the key to ON, not START, then shut it off and unscrew the cap on the fuel injector rail and press the pin in (watch your eyes, wear goggles). It should squirt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts