Allpar Forums banner

1993 Grand Voyager trans problems

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ka9yhd 
#1 ·
My 1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager, 3.3L, 4-speed automatic transaxle just stopped working while going up a hill. I was going about 25mph around some curves and began going uphill when the transmission just stopped working, i.e. transferring power from the engine to the tires. I stopped the van and shifted through the gears and the transmission just acted like it was in neutral. I turned off the key, let it set for awhile, restarted the van put it in drive and the van moved as normal until it shifted to second and again it acted as though it's in neutral. So The transmission works in first gear but in second or reverse it acts as though it's in neutral. I can hear the buzz-pop of the shift solenoids going into drive and reverse. I turned the key on/off/on/off/on and got 1, 2, 5, 5 blinks from the check engine light. I have removed the battery cable and nothing changed. Please Help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.