Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing the rear cam thrust plates with the [SIZE=medium]superseded [/SIZE]parts ( new thrust plate, a gasket instead of an O-ring and per the dealer's parts catalog a bracket) The bracket part number is 4591839-AD and listed as an intake bracket. Where and how is this bracket installed??? I found a picture of it on a 3.5 with the newer style intake manifold and it mounts in the rear of the engine but I could not find how it installs on the 97 style manifold. Help if you can.

·
Super Moderator
21,363 Posts
There is a single bracket on the '98-on' 3.5L between the engine and throttle body. I don't think it applies to the older dual-throttle body manifolds.
The steady-bracket may not apply to your car. How did this subject come up if you were getting cam thrust plates? Was there a note about it in the dealer's parts manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the job yesterday rear cam thrust plates took about 2 hours. The bracket in question, ( not installed ) I could not find any way to mount it or any useful uses for that bracket on the 1997 3.5 plenum. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new [SIZE=medium]superseded [/SIZE]parts for the rear cam thrust plate are not worth the money. A worse leek then before tried 2 times a little better second time. First time new thrust plate and gasket torqued to 250 in lbs. gasket slipped and pinched oil was streaming out of thrust plate, second try I torqued to 125 inch lbs. gasket stayed somewhat in place but still had slight leek. I finally decided to go back to the original machined steel thrust plates and O-rings. I work in the aviation industry so I found an aviation O-ring that works. No more leek :1st: The O-ring is rated at 400deg, oil and gas resistance, made of fluorocarbon V-75 and has no shelf life. and can be obtained on line for a couple of dollars. Part Number is M83248-1-137, Mil Spec MIL-R-83248

1 - 4 of 4 Posts