Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So apparently the window is no longer ' attached ' to the 2 clamp pieces that are in the crank mechanism, my guess is that one of the times the window was ' froze ' this past winter from one of the many trips to the car wash I tried to roll down the window and loosened the bond between the glass to these two ' clamps ' on the bottom of the glass, can't imagine these ' clamps ' are ' clamped ' to the glass, my guess is they are ' glued ' to the glass, but I could be mistaken, anybody have any knowledge on this ? The mechanical operation of the window is fine so long as you apply downward pressure on the glass while rolling down the window via the window crank, making sure the window stays in these clamp pieces .... rolling the window up, no issue ... the glass is just no longer attached to anything.

It appears these two clamp pieces are attached to the glass, then bolted to the crank mechanism.

Land vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Grille

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,249 Posts
The glass panel is cemented to the clamps. You can try a super strong Lord Fusor structural adhesive to repair it?
Like FUS-127EZ?

Rectangle Font Output device Toilet Office equipment

Reactions: Laser86

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,249 Posts
I did see that. It is for stationary glass, but I don't know if it is strong enough for the all-temperature 'push & pull-duty' of a movable, driver's glass panel.
A glass person would probably know this. They would likely not bother with a repair and recommend replacing the complete assembly; glass & clamp.

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Circle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts