Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone out there can shed some light on my problem. I own a 1999 Chrysler Concorde LXI - 3.2L with power side mirrors that work pretty much all the time in the winter but as soon as spring rolls around they work only intermittently and/or spotty. For instance, the most common scenario is the driver's side mirror won't work at all and the passenger side mirror will almost always move up and down, but not in and out. Once in awhile both will work in all directions, but that is a rare case (except in the winter as I mentioned). Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I'm not strong in the DIY car repair department but do have some limited skills and a friend that's handy and always willing to give things a try if we know or have some idea as to where to start looking/troubleshooting.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Sounds like you've got a thermal problem in the switch to me. When it gets hot, something expands and breaks contact. I'd try replacing the switch if it were mine, but I'm no mechanic and definitely not an electrician.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts