Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck with a cheap aftermarket stereo installed and direct wiring ran from the deck to the to the speakers. I put in a factory deck and reconnected the factory wiring to the speakers but it kept blowing fuses. Finally I narrowed the issue to the Infinity amp. I had an amp from a Durango and put it in.

The question is: should I eventually get a Dakota amp for better sound? They are different part numbers, I assume the factory wouldn't have used different amps unless something was changed. I'm a novice when it comes to audio.

·
Super Moderator
36,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it powers up and plays all four speakers fine (it's a 2dr extended cab), it sounds "OK" but I you hit on what I was wondering about and that would be the equalization. I think I'll keep an eye on my junkyard trips for a proper Dakota Infinity amp.

·
Super Moderator
36,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updating this old thread.
So today while I was at the junkyard there was 1999 Dakota Club Cab with the Infinity system. I grabbed the amp to replace the Durango one currently in my Dakota. Sound is better, much better. Durango amp seemed to have more bass, the Dakota one a little more high note. Still not as nice as the Challenger :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts