Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I want to replace the front speakers in the GC and can't for the life of me find my Haynes Manual. Just looking at the dash, it LOOKS like all I have to do is pry the cover up and pull it forward from the windshield. Is it just clipped in, like I'm thinking by looking at it or are there a couple of "hidden" screws that I'll need to remove? I don't want to crack or break it as I'm 85 miles from pull a part. The speakers are rattling and I suspect sun damage is the culprit. Thanks, I'm in no hurry, just wanting to know for the project in the next couple of weeks.

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
The dash cover does just pull up to expose the speakers. I think you also have to pull off the A pillar covers as well. Be careful prying not to breka the cover or hurt the rest of the dash. I have a new dash cover to be installed on my old 99 T&C as the new owner said the old one started cracking and now has pieces broken off.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mark. I'll keep that in mind. I MAY get a chance to go to Pull-A-Part today while I'm in Nashville with the wife for a docs appointment. I need to get another rear vent window motor and if I luck out and find one with the same color interior, I may just grab the A-pillar covers as a "just in case". I appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
It got harder to find working rear vent window motors in the junkyards and the used ones were not lasting for long. I switched to buying the Dorman replacement motors as they can be had for around $40 new.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a fair price, but since I want the lower valance for my GC, I'll try one from the junk yard first. I think it's about six bucks.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Careful with the plastic it gets brittle over time with the sun baking it.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got one from Pull-A-Part for seventeen bucks and it works great. I see absolutely no way at all to take one of these suckers apart and clean and re-grease it. What a rip off!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts