Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 Grand Voyager looks like it is leaking coolant from the metal pipes on the firewall that lead to the rear heater. The pipes look like they are disintergrating and need to be replaced. Has anyone done this and if so how hard is it to access? I was thinking of just using a piece of heater hose and bypassing the rear heater entirely. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Tubing rustouts were common. The new manifold is better metal and comes with new hoses and clamps.
The wiper bucket can come out for plumbing replacement. Just some hand tools (T-25 torx, 10mm,13mm, and 15mm sockets) and the bucket comes out in 20 minutes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ImperialCrown said:
Tubing rustouts were common. The new manifold is better metal and comes with new hoses and clamps.
The wiper bucket can come out for plumbing replacement. Just some hand tools (T-25 torx, 10mm,13mm, and 15mm sockets) and the bucket comes out in 20 minutes.
I have the wiper bucket out already, but I'm still having a hard time seeing where the manifold is attached to the van. I saw a screw on the bottom end under the van that is accessed from the interior, but I still can't see where it is attached at the other end behind the engine on the firewall and if it it can be snaked out from underneath the vehicle?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ImperialCrown said:
It should be fastened to the firewall with 2 or 3 nuts. I believe that it goes in from underneath.
Thanks, I have one on order and we'll go from there. Thanks very much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts