Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I went out and hopped in the van to go to the hardware store this morning and the SES light came on. I came home and grabbed my Actron CP913 scanner and ran the codes on it and came up with a P1491. According to my Haynes manual, this is "an open or shorted condition detected in the low speed radiator fan relay control circuit." Would the fact that I removed the 40 amp fuse and swapped the realy yesterday have tripped this code and will it reset after so many drive cycles? If not, what do y'all suggest I try next. The van runs fine, but since it's only a mile to the hardware store, I didn't get it to full operating temp to see if the light would go out. I guess I'll find out about noon when I take Mom to the doctors office.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Could very well be the result of your relay swap. I recall my '98 Stratus doing a similar thing when I swapped the low rad relay for the ASD relay to resolve an issue. Keep an eye on it - and maybe carry a couple extra relays with you. ;)

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Strat. Since 95% of my driving is not in stop and go traffic, I'm going to let it ride for a few days and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts