Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my daughters cars would run fine than while driving the engine would just shut down and not start again. I would have to tow the car home again let it sit than it would start again. this went on for a few weeks,i changed the plugs, wires, ignition coil, and the o2 sensors. i was told to change the computer,did that still the same thing. now it wont start at all, the engine turns but it will not start up. I noticed when i changed the computer there was an oil coming from one of the terminals on the computer.

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Does the car have the gray SKIM ignition key? If so, the 4-digit anti-theft SKIM code would have to be entered into the new PCM to make it start.
Any fault codes? What diagnosis of the old computer deemed it a failed component?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the reply. i don't think it has a anti theft key because we don't have the original keys. i bought the car as a first car for my daughter from a used car dealer a couple of years ago. i scanned the old computer and it was telling me the O2 sensors were bad, so i changed them. the car started right up after that, it ran fine for a day then while driving again it just shut down again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bank one had a high voltage reading and bank two had no activity at all. i replaced with OEM but they were made by bosch

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
I've not read much good about the Bosch 02 sensors, but have not ever used one personally, so can't offfer an unbiased opinion. Just do a search here and see what fellow mopar owners say about them.

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
The I-4 Neon only has Bank 1, there is upstream (1/1) and downstream (1/2).
I avoid Bosch O2 sensors after the runaround they gave me. "But it couldn't be the O2 sensors, they were just replaced with brand new ones". Guess what, they were Bosch. If they aren't that old, take them back.
Use Mopar, NGK or Denso, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts