Sounds like a short circuit in the radio harness. Maybe the insulation is nicked and it only blows a fuse when a bare portion of wire touches another, or something metal behind the dash.
That wire is a ground wire, not energized. So it was not a short circuit in itself. It has to be connected to the male faston tab for the radio to work properly, but it won't cause a blown fuse unless an energized wire touches it.marcpilot1 said:The lone little black wire behind the radio with the tiny black clip on the end, it HAS to be clipped up to the silver piece of metal on the backside of the radio or you get problems. Thats where the shoirt was.