Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

Could anybody tell me what gas mileage a Mitsu combined with the A 670 3 spd gets?

I run arround 11 L / 100 KM on my Saratoga, arround 12 - 13 in my Voyager.
I´m looking for a 1st Gen / 3sp for a long time now, would be interesting to know how much fuel a 6G72 is eating while entertaining a FWD Torqueflite.

Greetings
Kevin

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have a '97 with that combination. While I was using it for my commute of 60 miles daily, which was mostly highway I would consistently average 24.5 mpg in the summer, and 20.5 in the winter. In pure long distance highway travel, I have seen 27 mpg. My daughter now uses it to commute 8 miles daily, but she keeps no records. I'll leave it to you to do the metric conversion.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info!

But i don´t think that a 1st Gen. would get those MPG....

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I owned a 1988 Dodge Caravan with 3.0L V6 and 3 speed automatic transaxle. At times fuel economy would reach 23 mpg on long highway trips. In a Dodge Spirit or Plymouth Acclaim the same engine - transaxle configuration would reach 26 mpg on highway.

Here is a link to US EPA fuel economy ratings over the years. You can look up specific vehicle - engine - transmission combinations and see the fuel consumption ratings.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/download.shtml

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks!

I´m surprised, not that bad as i expected!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts