·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

some "fan" thing...

May someboy could tell me if those centercaps:

fit on my wheels:

Standard Daytona / Spirit 15 inch wheels, i´d love the centercap in the middle. Bolt pattern is the same, but i don´t know if they´d fit.

Thanks again,
Kevin

·
Super Moderator
36,922 Posts
Be careful if you buy, the minivan centercap you are pointing out is available in both 5x100mm bolt pattern (14" wheels) and 5x114mm bolt pattern (15" wheels).

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have hubcaps from a golf cart on my Spirit-- I think the diameter is 6", which fits perfectly in the center of the wheel (I have a base model, so I'm assuming I have 14's). The plain chrome against the black rim give the wheels a real subtle hot rod look, classy and not overdone.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
valiant67 said:
Be careful if you buy, the minivan centercap you are pointing out is available in both 5x100mm bolt pattern (14" wheels) and 5x114mm bolt pattern (15" wheels).
Yes thank you, i know, the 2nd. Gen. used 114.3 x5, Saratoga and Voyager I are both 5x100.

But do they fit on the Spirit / Daytona steel wheel?

B10alia said:
I have hubcaps from a golf cart on my Spirit-- I think the diameter is 6", which fits perfectly in the center of the wheel (I have a base model, so I'm assuming I have 14's). The plain chrome against the black rim give the wheels a real subtle hot rod look, classy and not overdone.
How nice is that!

Kind of a cop car look, i like those plane looks, not the big fan of modern aluminium wheels....

That´s why i also use steel wheels on my summer tires.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The minivan wheel pictured is the larger bolt circle so these will not fit your 15" Spirit/Daytona wheels as they are the smaller 5 on 100 mm bolt circle. However the center caps from a 14" steel wheel (5 on 100mm ) will fit the Spirit/Daytona wheels. I had this setup on my black Omni a few years ago and liked the "cop car" look.
White letter tires on black steel wheels rock!! Small chrome cetter cap finishes it off nicely.

All 14" wheels are 5 on 100 mm bolt circle.
Some 15" wheels are 5 on 100 mm bolt circle
Most 15" wheels are the larger 5 on 114 mm ( 5 0n 4 1/2" ) bolt circle

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GLHS60 said:
The minivan wheel pictured is the larger bolt circle so these will not fit your 15" Spirit/Daytona wheels as they are the smaller 5 on 100 mm bolt circle. However the center caps from a 14" steel wheel (5 on 100mm ) will fit the Spirit/Daytona wheels. I had this setup on my black Omni a few years ago and liked the "cop car" look.
White letter tires on black steel wheels rock!! Small chrome cetter cap finishes it off nicely.

All 14" wheels are 5 on 100 mm bolt circle.
Some 15" wheels are 5 on 100 mm bolt circle
Most 15" wheels are the larger 5 on 114 mm ( 5 0n 4 1/2" ) bolt circle

Thanks
Randy
Hey Randy,

First, thanks for info!

I forgot to say, the picture was just a example for the centercap, i´ll recieve a set of wheels from a first gen. minivan, this is the vehile:

-> http://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauchtwagen/auto/chrysler-voyager-3-0-le-v6-aut-51300701/?adId=51300701

5x100 wheels for sure, not sure if they´re 14 or 15 inch wheels.

But would the centercaps from a 5x100 wheel fit (and also be mountable) on my 5x100 15 inch Spirit (actually EU Saratoga) wheel?

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh i forgot....how are those caps mounted on the wheel?

I just got the little holes arround the bolt pattern, any mounting screws or pins needed?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Kevin1990 said:
Oh i forgot....how are those caps mounted on the wheel?

I just got the little holes arround the bolt pattern, any mounting screws or pins needed?
The center caps are held on with 3 screws that go from the back of the wheel into the center caps so the wheel must be off the vehicle to remove/install the center caps. The caps on the red Voyager in the picture look like the correct ones.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GLHS60 said:
The center caps are held on with 3 screws that go from the back of the wheel into the center caps so the wheel must be off the vehicle to remove/install the center caps. The caps on the red Voyager in the picture look like the correct ones.

Thanks
Randy
Oh how great is that, thanks!

I already got them off, they´ll get sandblasted and repainted next week, any special screws needed? (Flat head or so)

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Kevin1990 said:
Oh how great is that, thanks!

I already got them off, they´ll get sandblasted and repainted next week, any special screws needed? (Flat head or so)

Thanks
Kevin
Thet are special self threading, socket headed screws, hopefully the caps you get will have them. If not I can send you a picture of one and the specs.

Thanks
Randy

Also the Red Voyager minivan in the picture has a unique to me Chrysler nameplate over the number plate. Any more pictures of the van inside and out, curious as to what Ero spec changes are made?

Thanks
Randy

·
Super Moderator
36,922 Posts
All K based CAR wheels are 5x100mm regardless of if they are 14", 15" or 16" (other than the obvious 4 lug ones).
Minivans with 14" wheels were 5x100mm. They used a wheel that looked just like the pictured one, though the same wheel design was used for the 15" minivan with the larger bolt pattern.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
There were some minivans with 5 on 100mm 15" alloy wheels.

Thanks
Randy

All K based CAR wheels are 5x100mm regardless of if they are 14", 15" or 16" (other than the obvious 4 lug ones).
Minivans with 14" wheels were 5x100mm. They used a wheel that looked just like the pictured one, though the same wheel design was used for the 15" minivan with the larger bolt pattern.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GLHS60 said:
Thet are special self threading, socket headed screws, hopefully the caps you get will have them. If not I can send you a picture of one and the specs.

Thanks
Randy

Also the Red Voyager minivan in the picture has a unique to me Chrysler nameplate over the number plate. Any more pictures of the van inside and out, curious as to what Ero spec changes are made?

Thanks
Randy
Yeah a picture would be great, i´d really appreciate it!

The Chrysler nameplate is the version they used on EU models. I also havea 1st. Gen. EU Voyager, they also used a "Chrysler" badge on the grill as you can see on my one:

The pentastar got stolen, but they also had it.

They also offered some wheel / bodykit options like that:

If you want to knwo any detail of the EU version, i can show you on mine!

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
valiant67 said:
Yes sir, they also made (already posted by Randy) 15 inch alloys on the 1st Gen. Minivan. I got the Snowflake wheels on my Voyager as you can see on the picture above.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts