1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
With shipments down by 33k, having a profit is a good thing. There was a lot of money spent this last year and on into the 1st quarter onnew product. Figures should have a slight rebound for the 2nd quarter but the 3rd looks like it should be all the way back if not higher. There are going to be quite a few Cherokees shipped by the 3rd quarter and the Dart keeps climbing. Pickups should be in full production again and that looks good for the rest of the year. It was quite a spell between the Liberty shutdown and production of the Cherokee startup. Based on the last couple of years introdutions, it will be a slow ramp up and full production will not be seen until the 3rd quarter.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
I got the impression from Sergio for some reason that this year would have a rough start. I am not hugely surprised. They've been pretty hard at work haven't they? Getting the Tigersharks, 3.2 V6s, 9 spd transmissions, more 8 speed transmissions. They've been hard at work getting factories ready to push out all the new hardware no doubt. Not to mention what ever is behind the scenes. I mean they are knee deep in redesigning the minivans and 200, another set of upgrades to the 300 / Charger and Challenger. Seems like they have to get ready for quite a bit on the horizon.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm Would Think Drivetrain Tooling and Start-up Costs + T-Town North C/Over are the Reasons.

TMD

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Don't forget how ridiculously expensive the 2014 Grand Cherokee launch was...

It might as well be a new vehicle... took us forever to ramp up production and honestly, we're still not running right.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
This was to be expected.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
What's amazing is..there is profit. Remarkable! Cutting off production of the Liberty and redesigning the RAM and the GC and the economy and..there are a lot of things going on..on a lot of different levels. But we're doing it. And it's getting better all the time, overall!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts