Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a running combo to transplant into a 1987 Caravan with the horrible 2.6 Mitsubishi engine. Will need the engine compartment wiring harness. Perhaps you have such a car sitting around with this combo??

On a fixed income and will travel within a reasonable distance of Nevada to pick up. Would prefer to purchase from private party than a junkyard or salvage firm. Please include price and location.

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is your transmission good? And will it bolt up to a 2.5? I have a 94 acclaim the 2.5 is good and runs 13000 miles on new head and gasket. Harnesses are good all is intact but I live in MO. The trans is trash!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
The 2.6 uses a unique bell housing bolt pattern that will not mate up to a 2.5 tranny. There have been folks here that have transplanted a 2.2 carb setup into a 2.6 original setup. That one is not too difficult, but to put a 2.5 or 2.2 TBI into your van is a lot more work because of the fuel tank/fuel pump and the required return gas line plus the wiring to the tank.

It might be cheaper to just find an old used van to replace yours.

I managed to keep my 2.6 86 Voyager running to over 252,000 miles with just a couple of rebuilt carbs, a replacement timing chain kit and a junkyard tranny (hard to find any more).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts