Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i own a 2012 chrysler 200 and it blows fuel pumps how do i locate the fuse and relay for it i cant find that in the book and no dealer will tell me?

·
Super Moderator
32,348 Posts
Are you saying the fuel pump fuse keeps failing, or that the pump has failed more than once?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the pump is going out i would like to find the fuse to see what the voltage is going from the fuse so i know if the relay is working correct but i cant track either down. im worried that it is built into the tipm

·
Super Moderator
21,708 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. When you say that the pump is 'going out', do you mean that it is 'intermittent'? Does it quit on the road or not start at times? Any stored PCM fault codes?
Is this a 2.4L or 3.6L?
The fuel pump power management and protection circuits are inside the TIPM. It is 'smart' electrical management. There is no conventional fuel pump fuse or relay.
A Br wire from C2-4 (connector#2-Cavity#4) exits the TIPM, goes to the rear of the car and powers the fuel pump. The fuel pump ground must also be secure.
I am not saying that your TIPM itself is bad. Never let the most complex and expensive component be your first suspect. It usually is something simple that fails instead. Always diagnose first.
The TIPM can store fault codes that may aid in diagnosis.
I would inspect the wiring as best you can. Do you have access to an advanced scan tool that can read a TIPM controller or electrical diagnostic service information for your car?
You may want to just pay the dealer diagnostic fee if you can't properly diagnose this further and go from there.

Reactions: Doug D

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Hey IC, do you have any idea why the 2013 200's have four ASD shutdown relays? My owners manual shows a 40 amp one in cavity 18, a 15 amp one in cavities 23 and 26 and then ANOTHER one in cavity 32 which is a 30 amp! Very confusing for the novice, like me. I thought I'd look in it to see if there was anything related to the fuel pump, so I could possibly help the OP. Nothing related at all.

·
Super Moderator
21,708 Posts
Fuel pump control is all electronic.
The ASD (automatic shutdown) relay has up to 5 fuses.
Fuse #33 (10 amp) for the relay actuating coil (power in).
Fuse # 18 (40 amp) for the relay contacts (power in).
Fuse # 32 (30 amp) to the PCM (power out).
Fuse # 23 (15 amp) to the ign coils (power out)
and Fuse # 26 (15 amp) to the fuel injectors (power out).

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. I miss the old days of carburetors and point style distributors sometimes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts