Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure the AC compressor is working, but all that comes out is hot air. I think it has to do with the controls.

It had 56k miles on it when I bought it two years ago. Everything worked for a while. After it quit blowing cold air, I fiddled with the controls and got cold air ONCE.

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
One way to tell if it is the underdash temperature blend door or A/C system itself is to feel the A/C lines under the hood at the firewall with the compressor running. One should be warm and one should be cold. If both are about the same temperature, you have probably lost the refrigerant charge due to a leak.
If they are different in temperature, the underdash HVAC blend door is either stuck or way out of calibration or the motor or dash controls have failed.
Is this a manual (MTC) or automatic temperature control (ATC) with the digital temperature readout?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. This has the digital temp display.

I'll check the AC hoses that you suggested in a bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it to an independent shop yesterday, they dropped it off at their AC guy.

This morning he says I need a control panel and a vacuum panel, quote for new parts and labor is $750. He said to do it with used parts he would charge almost as much because he has to run around and get them, then they might not work.

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
Any HVAC/ATC fault codes? Have you or him tried resetting the control logic with a battery disconnect/pause/reconnect?
Note: A battery disconnect will erase any fault codes also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts