Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 pt asd will not reset . no codes 'no bad fuses,will start and run if i bypass asd.correct key any help is appreciated.thanks if you try to start motor cranks ok no spark or fuel no warning lights ever thing seems to be normal .there is anti theft it reset when set off.this is a new condition .moved car in driveway ever thing ok next day would not start. the fuel pump runs when you turn key on or sounds like feul pump.have swaped out relay for a good one.has a skim key

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
The relay doesn't actually 'reset'. If I understand you correctly, it's not closing when you turn the key to START? If you turn the key to ON, do you hear the fuel pump run for 1-2 seconds? If you turn to START, what happens? Is this a new condition, and did any event or repair precede this trouble? A little more background info will help.

Since the computer closes the relay, it's highly likely that the computer is choosing not to, based on some condition that it monitors or controls. Usually the relay itself is not at fault.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Check each of the relay sockets for power and post back. Check with the key in run. Use the numbers on the bottom of the relay for reference (i.e. 30, 85, 86, and 87).

Also, try swapping the relay with an identical relay in the PDC if there is one. Is there any anti-theft or start defeat switch on this vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
By 'correct key', do you mean it is a SKIM key?
Any VTSS (vehicle theft security system)? Any remote start?
Any indicator symbols lighting in the instrument cluster?
There may be fault codes in modules other than the PCM that won't show in the odometer or on an OBD II scanner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts