Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Chrysler Voyager with a 3.3 in it. I am have a ton of issues and it is expensive here. I would like to buy the parts stateside and am tired of throwing money at it. Here, the mechanics overall are not too good. They suggest and never fix.

Here are my issues:

1. Suspension. I have replaced struts, stabilizer bars, tie rods... still a clanging sound over every speed bump/bumpy road.

2. Every once and a while, the car kinds stalls and sputters, usual after start up and take off or after easing over a speed bump, which are many. I run the best gas they have here, have new plugs and new plug wires... still issues. Could it be a sensor or something?

3. Power steering. There is a click felt betweent the 11 - 1o' clock position in the steering wheel. Sometimes, I randomly lose my power steering.

4. Timing chain. I don't know what all this affects, but the mechanic says it needs replaced. You can hear a constant clicking behind passenger side tire and he says it is the timing chain. Should I order a whole 'kit'?

Man guys, I could REALLY use some solid advice here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
682 Posts
noise in the steering might be a clockspring.
ever had a hard knock onto the front suspension where it connects to the frame?
timing chain behind the passenger tire doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Since you randomly loose power steering, I'd look at the power steering pump, which is behind the passenger wheel, where the clicking is. I wouldn't think the timing chain would be an issue unless you have a ton of miles on it.

Have you replaced the stabilizer bar bushings and the linkage? Bad bushings sound kind of like someone hitting the floor with a 2X4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts