Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from SE Georgia. I got the Neon bug in 2003 when the write-ups in Consumer Reports actually gave the thumbs up to this American made car. I test drove an SRT-4 and loved it, but then the thought of all those speeding tickets made me reconsider. I bought my R/T in Seattle with 57,000 miles on it, and man was it fun to drive! I had to move to California for work and that involved several trips back and forth. The firm sport suspension gives it almost Jeep-like qualities, and I completed serious Camp Rock Road adventures in this car. Later I moved to Tennessee and that was a flawless cross country drive. I have had problems with the turn signal fuse always blowing and have never been able to fix that. Now the car has 225,000 miles on it, and needs some deep, engine compartment TLC. It seems to have all given up at once: A/C, power steering, head gasket. Since the Belvedere plant is pretty close to my grandmother's house, I just don't feel right about giving up on this car. I am gettin' up there in years so its going to be a challenge. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have the '04 R/T that I bought new and still love it. Lots of scratches, small dents, and some small rust spots starting to show themselves, but I'll drive this car 'til it quits. Then, depending on what quits, I might fix it and drive it some more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts