Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
So my wife baught a 2001 pt cruser and shortly after she got it it started dying while driving down the street..sometimes it would restart and sometimes she would have to wait a while and sometimes it wouldnt start till the next day..

So got the codes looked up the problem witch i believe was some sort of switch ..not sure this was a year ago ..and sent it to a machinac while i was away in california for a year well the mechanic told her he fixed it ..he had not so i told her to take it back to them and make them do it right ..well they didnt ..they also sold her about some wire that wasnt shielded and may be the problem...

so she parked it for a year and got something else ..id like to fix this my self i can get the codes if that would help but i belive the one or two switches may need to be replaced

What i need help with is someone who knows this problem and also knows how to help with details on the repair ..Pictures or a scmatic would be awesome ..im extremely machanicly inclined but dont usually work on cars but wiith a little help i know i can fix this.

Ty in advance

Stephen

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry to hear of your encounter with irresponsible mechanics, it's like a plague here in South Florida too. Not paying for work that doesn't fix your problem usually means getting the cops involved it's really your only option. Posting bad feedback on the Internet might help the next customer .Try insisting before the work is started that you won't pay unless the problem is fixed that usually separates the parts changers from someone who is knowledgeable and responsible..

Go ahead and post the codes here and we'll see what they indicate is going on. You do this by turning the ignition on and off and reading the #'s on the odometer on your 01. You'll have to supply a functioning battery into the car of course.

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. If the battery power has been lost, there will be no fault codes left behind. Best to start the diagnosis from the beginning. An intermittent cam or crank sensor may not leave any fault codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts